General Rules for All Submissions
- Format all work using MS Word (doc or docx), 12pt., double spaced serif font (Times New Roman, Courier, Garamond).
- Title only on the work.
- Do not put your name or contact info on the work. Instead put your name, contact info and title of the work in the cover letter. This is so we can maintain a blind submission process.
- A short bio or blog/website links, written in the third person, must be submitted at time of submission in the cover letter. Please also provide your preferred pronouns i.e. she/her/hers or they/them/theirs. If your work is selected, Creative Colloquy will ask for a picture to accompany the work in print.
- Creative Colloquy accepts submissions from all writers, poets, and essayists throughout Western Washington with a special emphasis on work originating in the South Puget Sound. Please note your location in your cover letter.
- Only submit one short story or poem per month.
- Breaking any of these rules may result in automatic rejection.
By submitting to Creative Colloquy, the author allows for a one-time publication on our site. All rights to the work remain with the author. When and if we decide to print a paper version of Creative Colloquy, we will select pieces from our archives and contact each writer individually for consent for the one-time reprint of the work in the new media.
***Submission for our monthly online publication is always open.***
Now open for submissions: Creative Colloquy Volume Eight
Submission window June 28 to August 16.
Calling all wordsmiths!
Creative Colloquy is now accepting submissions for Volume Eight of our print anthology series. Save that short story from your dusty drawer, revisit that creative nonfiction piece you’ve been sitting with, write that poem that’s been swimming around in your grey matter... Then send it our way!
Anticipated to launch in January 2022, Creative Colloquy Volume Eight will follow the format of our first 7 collections. We present a diverse selection of prose, essays, poetry, and literary works, each paired with original collage, paintings, line art, photography, and other visual arts inspired by the words.
Deadline: Submissions will be accepted from June 28 through August 16, 2021 and must follow the guidelines provided below:
•All genres and styles of work will be considered (except fan fiction and erotica).
•We are looking for submissions that are 1,000 to 3,000 words in length with a focus on the storytellers, i.e. fiction and essays in particular. Larger stories will be considered, within reason. Novel excerpts or independently published works will not be considered at this time. Poetry need not meet the 1,000-word length guideline but it should be noted we are not accepting poetry collections and will only consider two poetry submissions from one author at a time.
•Please format stories using MS Word (.doc or .docx), 12pt, double spaced serif font. Formatting must follow this outline. Author contact info and bio should be submitted with piece on the Submittable site in cover letter and should not be included on the document.
•Please only submit ONE piece of work per author for consideration. Poetry submissions may include two pieces, where one will be selected for publication.
•You must be a resident of Western Washington to submit.
•By submitting to Creative Colloquy, the author allows for publication into Creative Colloquy Volume Eight. If included in our print edition, we may contact author for future online reprint opportunities.
Pieces not accepted for our print publication may be considered for our online platform.
For any questions regarding publications and guidelines please email Jackie.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please read the following guidelines before submitting your work for consideration.
- All genres and styles of work will be considered with the exception fan fiction and erotica. Keep in mind that short stories, memoir/novel excerpts and essays are encouraged but other work, such as poetry, will also be considered.
- We are looking for submissions that are 300 to 3,000 words in length. However, to be considered as a performer for our reading events, pieces must not exceed 5 minutes stage time (or about 1,000 words). Larger stories will be considered, within reason.
- Please only submit your final draft, no other drafts will be accepted. As much as we are looking forward to reading your stories, we are a small team and want to invest a fair amount of time and consideration into each story submitted.
- Please only submit ONE piece per month for consideration. Those who send more than one piece of work for consideration each month will automatically be disqualified for not following directions.
We will contact you if your story will be featured on the site. If your story is not selected for one month we may still intend on posting it a following month. This will be determined by how many submissions are received.