General Rules for All Submissions
- Format all work using MS Word (doc or docx), 12pt., double spaced serif font (Times New Roman, Courier, Garamond).
- Title only on the work.
- Do not put your name or contact info on the work. Instead put your name, contact info and title of the work in the cover letter. This is so we can maintain a blind submission process.
- A short bio or blog/website links may be submitted at time of submission in the cover letter. If your work is selected then Creative Colloquy will ask for a picture and bio (if not previously supplied) to accompany the work in the printing.
- Creative Colloquy accepts submissions from all writers, poets, and essayists throughout Western Washington with a special emphasis on work originating in the South Puget Sound. Please note your location in your cover letter.
- Only submit one short story or poem per month.
- Breaking any of these rules will result in automatic rejection.
***Submission for our monthly online publication is always open.***
*** Submission for our print collection, Creative Colloquy Volume 3, is currently closed. Will will be announcing a call for submissions in August of 2017 for Volume 4. ***
Deadline: Submissions will be accepted from June 28th to August 15th, 2016 and must follow the guidelines provided below.
•All genres and styles of work will be considered (except fan fiction and erotica).
•We are looking for submissions that are 1,000 to 3,000 words in length with a focus on the storytellers, i.e. fiction and essays in particular. Larger stories will be considered, within reason. Novel excerpts or independently published works will not be considered at this time. Poetry need not meet the 1,000 word length guideline but it should be noted we are not accepting poetry collections and will only consider two submissions from one author at a time.
•Please format stories using MS Word (.doc or .docx), 12pt, double spaced serif font. Formatting must follow this outline: http://www.writersdigest.com/tip-of-the-day/how-to-submit-short-stories-formatting-basics. Author contact info and bio should be submitted with piece in cover letter and should not be included on the document
•Please only submit ONE piece of work for consideration.
•You must be a resident of the South Sound to submit.
•By submitting to Creative Colloquy, the author allows for publication into Creative Colloquy Volume Three. If included in our print edition we may contact author for future online reprint opportunities.
We will contact all those who have submitted by September 5th, 2016 with news on whether the submission in question will be included in the publication.
Please read the following guidelines before submitting your work for consideration.
- All genres and styles of work will be considered with the exception fan fiction and erotica. Keep in mind that short stories, memoir/novel excerpts and essays are encouraged but other work, such as poetry, will also be considered.
- We are looking for submissions that are 300 to 3,000 words in length. However, to be considered as a performer for our reading events, pieces must not exceed 5 minutes stage time (or about 1,000 words). Larger stories will be considered, within reason.
- Please only submit your final draft, no other drafts will be accepted. As much as we are looking forward to reading your stories, we are a small team and want to invest a fair amount of time and consideration into each story submitted. Those who send more than one piece of work for consideration each month will automatically be disqualified for not following directions.
We will contact you if your story will be featured on the site. If your story is not selected for one month we may still intend on posting it a following month. This will be determined by how many submissions are received.