General Rules for All Submissions
- Format all work using MS Word (doc or docx), 12pt., double spaced serif font (Times New Roman, Courier, Garamond).
- Title only on the work.
- Do not put your name or contact info on the work. Instead put your name, contact info and title of the work in the cover letter. This is so we can maintain a blind submission process.
- A short bio or blog/website links, written in the third person, must be submitted at time of submission in the cover letter. Please also provide your preferred pronouns i.e. she/her/hers or they/them/theirs. If your work is selected, Creative Colloquy will ask for a picture to accompany the work in print.
- Creative Colloquy accepts submissions from all writers, poets, and essayists throughout Western Washington with a special emphasis on work originating in the South Puget Sound. Please note your location in your cover letter.
- Only submit one short story or poem per month.
- Breaking any of these rules may result in automatic rejection.
By submitting to Creative Colloquy, the author allows for a one-time publication on our site. All rights to the work remain with the author. When and if we decide to print a paper version of Creative Colloquy, we will select pieces from our archives and contact each writer individually for consent for the one-time reprint of the work in the new media.
***Submission for our monthly online publication is always open.***
Please read the following guidelines before submitting your work for consideration.
- All genres and styles of work will be considered with the exception fan fiction and erotica. Keep in mind that short stories, memoir/novel excerpts and essays are encouraged but other work, such as poetry, will also be considered.
- We are looking for submissions that are 300 to 3,000 words in length. However, to be considered as a performer for our reading events, pieces must not exceed 5 minutes stage time (or about 1,000 words). Larger stories will be considered, within reason.
- Please only submit your final draft, no other drafts will be accepted. As much as we are looking forward to reading your stories, we are a small team and want to invest a fair amount of time and consideration into each story submitted.
- Please only submit ONE piece per month for consideration. Those who send more than one piece of work for consideration each month will automatically be disqualified for not following directions.
We will contact you if your story will be featured on the site. If your story is not selected for one month we may still intend on posting it a following month. This will be determined by how many submissions are received.